Re: [Tigers] 1966 Sunbeam Tiger Mk I Sold for $96,250

To: "deiland1@elp.rr.com" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>, Tiger List <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 1966 Sunbeam Tiger Mk I Sold for $96,250
From: Gary <maliburevue@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 09:55:03 -0700 (PDT)
Dan,

This is a catch 22 for Tigers, great news if you're selling, bad news
if you're buying.

I'm the owner of two Tigers and personally I don't like it
that much. Though it may help spread the awareness of Tigers to some degree
among the auctioneers, it eliminates a lot of potential buyers who may
otherwise have had a interest in purchasing a Tiger and thus maintaining the
marque. Most Tiger owners I see, including me, have a little gray hair
starting to show (some more than others) and I think it would be nice to see
the next generation pick up where we left off. Pricing our cars out of the
daily driver (more like weekend) market does nothing for that. The more
expensive the car, the less it is driven, to say nothing about insurance
rates... and personally I like driving my Tiger.

Gary

[Tigers] 1966 Sunbeam Tiger Mk I Sold for $96,250

Tiger owners should like
this. Probably old news to the list but good news.

RM Auctions

2013 -
Monterey

Lot 162