Re: [Tigers] Door window removal

To: jay.laifman@gmail.com, geowiz@hargray.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Door window removal
From: AAAGLASSS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 23:55:01 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Full-name: AAAGLASSS
If you brought this into our shop: I would grab the 3 inch brick breaker we
 have ground down so it has a 1/8 flat at the wedge. Lay the assembly on
the  carpeted cutting table take a hammer and knock the sash channel off of
the  glass. The easiest way would be to take it to a glass shop in your area
that is  familiar with doing this but these days glass shops just want to
slap w/shields  in newer cars. If your putting in a new glass and want to do it
yourself brake  the glass and pry out the remainder and be sure to mount
the channel in the  same position as it was on the original glass. The
original was mounted in the  sash channel with glass setting tape, you could
possibly reuse the original tape  but after 38-40 years it may be beyond reuse
and
prying it out of the sash  channel will possibly destroy it. So after all
this and your in your garage and  doing this take the sash channel clean it
and remove all the rust in it that you  can. Paint it to retard the rust that
will come, use 1/4 to 1/2 U shaped  strips of the original packing tape
cleaned up with no broken glass in it. Place  strips at the ends of the sash
and one or two in the middle. This centers the  channel on the glass. Shoot a
good dollop of RTV silicone sealent in  between the strips and assemble on
the new glass. Let it cure and install. I  haven't piped up on this as it has
been years since I have had one of  these  to install. And you know that
they say about memory it's the 5th or  7 th to go, I can't remember which.
Also take out the regulator and lube up all  the pivots and the clutch assembly
inside the crank where the handle attaches,  we use motorcycle chain lube
here flood it and let it drain in a trash  can.   HTH'S

In a message dated 10/20/2013 7:24:27 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,