Re: [Tigers] Another Question...Entertainment / Navigation System

To: "drmayf@mayfco.com" <drmayf@mayfco.com>, "stubrennan@comcast.net" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Another Question...Entertainment / Navigation System
From: "Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 14:29:43 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
OK, on a serious note, I adapted a standard bracket to hang a Garmin just
under the dash pad. It is held on with two little C-clamps underneath so no
cutting/damage involved, and is wired to the solenoid with an in-line fuse. I
used generic parts found in most El Cheapo Auto Parts stores. The most useful
thing about it is giving me an accurate reading of my speed.

As for music, my Tigers, like my motorcycles, are my therapy time away from
the daily clatter of the Human Stain so I prefer no sound track. However, on
long trips I do listen and use good isolation earbuds like the Shure SE315s
plugged into the iPhone, they are excellent for damping out the roar when
required (35+dB), and the fidelity is quite good for open car usage. The
ambient noise in a Tiger at 70 mph is well over 95dBs and worse with the soft
top up, at least according to my sound meter, so a high quality sound system
seems a bit useless in the car. Also, I did not want to commit to drilling
holes and other such damage to the interior.

Bugz