Re: [Tigers] Clear Hooters

To: "genepadgett@comcast.net" <genepadgett@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Clear Hooters
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 20:16:38 -0700
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Hi Gene,
Page N27 in the workshop manual says 5 amps max. I seem to recall that I
didn't have to go that far to get good sound, maybe about 3.5A for each horn.
You need ear protection to do this adjustment!

I drilled out the rivets that hold the cap on the casting, and after fixing
things up I used some 8-32 or 10-24 screws and locknuts (I Think) to put them
back together.

Theo

> On Nov 22, 2013, at 7:27 PM, genepadgett@comcast.net wrote:
>
> Thanks Theo,
>

> I have always found your insights very valuable. As it so happens, I broke
one of the terminals off on one of my horns yesterday. Most likely a result of
metal fatigue from numerous tries at alligning the wires through my home made
block off plates. BTW, on my version of these plates I just made a
pass-through slot for longer brackets to attach to the original mountng holes.

> It appears the terminals are attached by aluminum rivets. I am going to
drill out all the rivets this weekend and take the horn apart and see if I can
attach a home made terminal with a new rivet. You mentioned you had adjusted
your horns to a current spec. I would be very interested in knowing what that
number should be, as long as I am taking this one apart.

> Thanks, Gene

by
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/genepadgett@comcast.net