Re: [Tigers] While I am between parts and weather...

To: "<drmayf@mayfco.com>" <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] While I am between parts and weather...
From: "michael@michaelshortt.com" <michael@michaelshortt.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 12:22:18 -0500
Cc: land-speed@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
I have no idea to be honest,  my first inclination would have been to use a
throttle controller from a boat with a control panel desk mount versus a
foot pedal.
Having said that, most new cars are throttle by wire, perhaps you could
repurpose one from a salvage yard, if not in whole then in pieces.
Thirdly, you might explore those used in R/C cars, planes, essentially a
radio controller servo that pushes a plunger attached to the throttle,
shouldn't take much to ramp that up and possibly have the advantage of
wireless control via a standard commercially available R/C controller.

Michael Shortt