Re: [Tigers] 5-bolt 289 block

To: dsmtjoy@cox.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 5-bolt 289 block
From: AAAGLASSS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 19:04:45 -0500 (EST)
Full-name: AAAGLASSS
I did a search here (http://car-part.com/index.htm) for 5  bolt 289
hydraulic lifters engine came up with 1 in Tracy, Ca. Lots of  other searches
available. HTH

In a message dated 12/9/2013 3:53:36 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
dsmtjoy@cox.net writes:

Hi  all,

I need a correct 5-bolt bell, 289 block for the Le Mans Coupe. The  previous
block broke and is basically a boat anchor.  I'd prefer a  bare block with
standard bore & main caps but would consider a complete  motor. I would
consider an .020" over bore.  The blocks I'm looking  for would have the
casting numbers of:

260  blocks:

C3OE-B

C4OE-B

C4OE-E

289  blocks:

C3AE-N

C4OE-C

C4OE-F

I found one  locally in SoCal but it's .060 over now and needs the bores
cleaned  up.  I found a standard bore in Colorado but the shipping charges
of
~$500. would kill me. Anyone near the SoCal area have any leads  ?

Thanks !  I really appreciate your  help

Darrell