[Tigers] paint

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] paint
From: "Mountjoy" <dsmtjoy@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 17:14:18 -0800
All,

In going through the LM Tiger one of the things I wanted to do is repaint
the Koni shocks.  They function well but look a little tattered from years
of service.  I went to different forums trying to find the paint code.
People tried different approached from color matching old shocks to using
paint some of the Shelby & Mustang vendors supply, to finding "close enough"
at the local paint store.  I contacted Koni NA in Kentucky and got this
great response from one of their ITT people, Mason O'Hara.

Since many of us run Koni Shocks and want our Tigers to look as good as they
can be, I thought Mr. O'Hara's response noteworthy.

Darrell,

"...We do not sell the paint either, but I can tell you what it is. The
paint is simply PlastiKote T-31 Bright Orange found over the counter..."

    Mason O'Hara
    Technical Sales Representative
    KONI North America
    1961A International Way