[Tigers] Original Underbody finish?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Original Underbody finish?
From: Alex Haugland <ahauglan@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 18:40:28 -0800
Hello! I'm currently taking my Tiger apart to be stripped back to bare
metal and repainted in the original colour.  As I'm looking at bringing
the car back to as original a condition as possible I'm curious as to
how the underside of the Tiger was originally finished.  My car
currently has an old rubberized undercoating that has become brittle and
is starting to flake off, so it will be stripped off as well.  Was this
the original finish of the underside or was it painted body colour,
black, or some other colour?  The engine and gearbox will be coming out
tomorrow along with the exhaust, fuel lines, brake lines, and suspension
and the car will be ready to go to the paint shop.

--Alex Haugland
Eugene, Oregon
B9470334LRXFE