Re: [Tigers] Alpine Chevy

To: Cullen McCann <cmccann1972@gmail.com>, Rollright@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Alpine Chevy
From: <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 16:38:58 -0500
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
If I remember correctly, Bill Thomas' shop burned to the ground during the
Cheetah project and only a few cars got built as a result.  They had quite
impressive performance, though.  I'm not a Chevy fan, but it's too bad that he
didn't get to really develop the car; it might have really given the Cobra a
run for its money.  As a side note, the fire situation was the same fate that
beset Jaguar during their production of their XK-SS models, the road-going
version of their enormously successful D-Type racer.

Andy Walker