[Tigers] hard-top, soft-top shim

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] hard-top, soft-top shim
From: Rollright@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 15:42:26 -0500 (EST)
Full-name: Rollright
Hello,

I saw an item on Ebay that piqued my interest: a set of two hard-top,
soft-top shims.
item # 191022768616

I looked up the item in my big Alpine master parts book and no entry.
So I contacted the seller,  'mac289', a guy named Mark. He was very
knowledgeable and helpful and says that there were shims used in other places
as
well that are not blessed with part numbers. In fact, he has added a third
picture to his auction showing a number of them. He has dismantled many cars
and  this picture shows more of these.

Sadly, the last time I looked, these 2 sad little wedge-shaped aluminum
shims are now at about a hundred dollars. Too rich for my blood.

Anybody seen them before? Can you 'mike' them to give differential
thickness? Maybe I can make some...

No, Rick at SS doesn't have them in his catalog.

Jim  Armstrong
Mk 1A
382002083
LRXFE