Re: [Tigers] brake upgrade

To: <tym2@comcast.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] brake upgrade
From: "Jim McLaughlin" <jimmc13@socket.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 09:10:56 -0500
Tym,
My Mk 1a has Wilwood front discs with stock drums in the rear.  It has a
dual reservoir with a Wilwood proportioning valve.  It is a manual system.
Still shaking it down, however the brakes work very well with a bias towards
the fronts, of course. The car has 13" wheels so it is fitted with the older
Dale's kit that has 10.5 inch rotors.  I am happy with it so far possibly
except the master, which seems weak to me; data for this is that I am on my
second one. I could use a recommendation on a better M/C.  They stop the car
very well though; it is not a racer but a street vehicle with original 260
(just under 300 hp), toploader and positrac rear.

Jim McLaughlin
B382000175LRXFE