Re: [Tigers] Heater valve cable

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net> s=q20140121; t=1418424307; bh=Kv4Lo1ZnHaExUHH7lfQYnucfVqdzzUDB91WaIbQVaCI=; h=Received:Received:Date:Subject:Message-ID:From:To:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=aHQnsC0z397MR4qALQbtwHEXOisO2qJEcUxdlns3L5Rv+f/++t1L48OBpuyO31xCD IelppfwPKwkkKo6aVO7UIDt0mhYAObN6xhu8HqDhzP/2kU65Tx7iqraGVrRAX4DosT Ggv94o9s2EfvxD324qG7MsmU3zAabOgTXxLddDpY/4dRrnKbtaEt9hclY/5ZGikFO6 nlZlQeApxtygZnnGy8lL+LTCaF99Ad73sd98mSasRkJo8LKvLlcHzkNFJTNrYM6XS6 wBZQeTRzz7Gpw+3hnKwjtqnkoEQLZmgQYeOq1KIcuY7LAu2FiuFHDS+wlorwolmhrT qwnqxfHHIcaGg==
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Heater valve cable
From: ironbeast <ironbeast@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 17:45:04 -0500
Hi Brent. B
I just recently did this and found its not as hard as it seems. B
The trick is to tape something stiff to the end of the cable. I think I used a
3/16" rod and gorilla taped it.
Put a light inside the engine compartment near the hole in the firewall. B

When you get under the dash you can look through the hole on the inside of the
car and see the light coming through the firewall hole.

Then thread the rod through aiming at the light. With a few minutes of fiddling
I was able to get the rod through both holes.

You're home free then! Just pull the rod /cable through .

PS. If you're cable seems short make sure your using the right hole. I made
this error and thought my cable was too short.

Good luck!B

<banana111@msn.com> </div><div>Date:12/12/2014  3:53 PM  (GMT-05:00)
cable </div><div>
the old one was cut off short under the dash so I can't use the old
one to help route a new one. Looking up in there it appears to be the first
thing installed then buried behind everything else under there.
Also the control lever also sends the cable off to the passenger side
of the car but the hole in the firewall is on the driver side??
Any advice would be great.

       Thanks, Brent