[Tigers] Air cleaner choking?

To: Tiger Autox <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Air cleaner choking?
From: Jay Laifman via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 11:41:57 -0800
I started the Tiger yesterday for the first time in admittedly a bit too long
- couple months.  It started right up.  But then unless I was pumping on the
pedal, it would die.  So gas was getting there and the accelerator pump was
working.  I tried a number of times.  Each time, it snap to a start, but same
problem.  I then took the top off the air cleaner and started it again.  This
time, perfect. Purred like a kitten.  So I put the cover back on.  When I
tightened it down, pow, stopped running again.  I found that if I lightly put
on the nut, it would run fine.  If I tightened it firmly down (and this is
only with my fingers), it would die.

This makes no sense to me!

It is a K&N filter that I cleaned within the year.  So it has very few miles
or dirt on it.

Thoughts?