Re: [Tigers] Axle removal process.

To: Tom Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Axle removal process.
From: Cullen McCann via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 19:58:16 -0500
Cc: "<tigers@autox.team.net>" <tigers@autox.team.net>
*** update***

SUCCESS!  Thank you Tom Witt for the detailed description and Duke Samouce for
graphics and offers to help. I would up approaching it like Tom described and
it worked exactly as he said.

I sold the rear end (not the one in my car, this one came out of an old parts
car) and I just wanted to keep the gears and diff. So I really am not concerned
at this moment of putting it back together. Well, I cobbled together a nasty
slide hammer out of pieces of structural steel pipe and welded it to an old
steel wheel. 3 hard slides along a 3 foot pipe and those axles popped right
out.  Built a quick case spreader out of angle iron and all thread and the diff
came right out.

Thanks everyone!!
Cullen
Alp260 1452