Re: [Tigers] Wiper circuit question

To: Andy Walker <awtiger@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Wiper circuit question
From: Gary Winblad via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 05:19:18 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Thread-index: AdCJQE8HizSrNCbTTGiwD/Nze/RebSpyMei9 s=q20140121; t=1431062358; bh=qq8VunVX8JCgwQnELDzrQXSoMjnGcDRw3o6BoYfGZxg=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=EjqcMJ5RkF1sJzrHu8oA4WqSKmuGp0zw756j0vycbjBm5iT7iFBDc9mkkwsY+l3nT mIcrps3CUeiJm30Zgqt35iwpFvmGrY5e4RUDZugzJgVSlxFEdWowaDlHs073qwqB3K dzc452LHQaOybacFGO2YCtpF+Oh+xBHy5N9zYFkAumLu1zXpGPuO8S4KfLHeyeI0Ok abhBaRXd/C7+l51yi2pIvcxy0JBPsabEhSLzcCQjaw4yPZ4PgJD9/WDnXHLYB6vSm3 IHD18pZxaChqRAsfDo0gHGyFEYwk3NvezSmAuSYY4N662jQ4OmI4Jd0OLGLGGo7Rks ZrEpNePgLHyAQ==
Hi Andy,
The motor also has 12V going to it.
So the circuit is 12V -> motor -> dash switch -> ground.
Close the switch and the wipers run.
But, the motor also has an internal switch that connects
to ground too.  This switch insures that IF you turned
off the dash switch while the wipers are in-cycle, the
cycle will complete until the wipers are at their park
position whereupon the internal switch opens and the motor
stops!
Gary