[Tigers] Stock 260 Camshafts' Limits

To: LIST TIGER <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Stock 260 Camshafts' Limits
From: "Robert D. Hogan via Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 18:15:42 -0400

--f46d0442806ef9ff660518d2257a

I plan to reassemble & reinstall my 260 C.I. engine after 45 years of
storage to simplify sorting and usage of the Tiger's fuel, ignition and
various other systems.  Improving the engine's valve train with better
hydraulic lifters, screw in studs, stronger valve springs and a higher
performance cam seems cost and performance effective.

The Clymer book (page 41) lists the maximum camshaft lift at 0.440" &
maximum overlap at 56 degrees.

Does anyone have experience with installing a higher than 0.440 lift cam in
the stock 260 with standard flat top pistons and 260 cylinder heads?  I
will be putting a test assembly together to check for interference but
asking may guide from going for a Summit Racing cam that is risky.

Just as a note, there is apparently no off the shelf fly cut 260 pistons
available anywhere that will increase the compression ratio approaching
10:1 without ordering a special set at high cost.

--f46d0442806ef9ff660518d2257a

sans-serif">I plan to reassemble &amp; reinstall my 260 C.I. engine after 4=
5 years of storage to simplify sorting and usage of the Tiger&#39;s fuel, i=
gnition and various other systems.=C2=A0 Improving the engine&#39;s valve t=
rain with better hydraulic lifters, screw in studs, stronger valve springs =
and a higher performance cam seems cost and performance effective.</div><di=
v class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:verdana,sans-serif"><br></di=
v><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:verdana,sans-serif">The=
 Clymer book (page 41) lists the maximum camshaft lift at 0.440&quot; &amp;=
 maximum overlap at 56 degrees.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"=
font-family:verdana,sans-serif"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" styl=
e=3D"font-family:verdana,sans-serif">Does anyone have experience with insta=
lling a higher than 0.440 lift cam in the stock 260 with standard flat top =
pistons and 260 cylinder heads?=C2=A0 I will be putting a test assembly tog=
ether to check for interference but asking may guide from going for a Summi=
t Racing cam that is risky.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font=
-family:verdana,sans-serif"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D=
"font-family:verdana,sans-serif">Just as a note, there is apparently no off=
 the shelf fly cut 260 pistons available anywhere that will increase the co=
mpression ratio approaching 10:1 without ordering a special set at high cos=
t.</div></div>

--f46d0442806ef9ff660518d2257a--

--===============5625974486149569157==