Re: [Tigers] Carb Fire Continued

To: Stu <sabre2tgr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Carb Fire Continued
From: Gary Winblad via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 21:37:23 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Tiger Net <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Thread-index: zWebjwAghjEp20EqXHnKiQM3NFARoA== s=q20140121; t=1441057043; bh=ebSr1fXugcVP5zBtqa7hfwByvNga9Dp9Vi0MMIoGAaw=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=Vb1+VKIPKbHs4yzTAidDHYc+cPFaSw9wpmHM1l76PnkqIZwg/KrY2GUDFXiN/azmU xYC0fRyV4rabtDWD0nunxbaQ08BERdPQPpgy9k64UT+0u8cqhaEcfQt0d94pYWEh/M wjqyAzyyhkMBmFD4EU4bMSExAAZNJFcQWOJvzLRPFh+FURg23jsuILyn6WOB6mV3dQ 1Bkc2A3/ukOZuUA91Lv87eaGsutSo5er9WAMHk7fo2EIP9UxoMqwTNwjq9qYmCpEX6 pfsKBleZf6G2Ty3MCtOZNFpI2v98zflqrtTEIGikCT5X3OjC7RJHstQo14roSBHOnz 6Ik9hLUVrxB4Q==
Well...
I am definitely in the "has a history" camp.

When I bought my Tiger in 1971 I definitely had the problem.
In my case it was cold starts.  Every once in a while (well frequently)
but intermittently I would turn on the pump in the morning and hear
the familiar plink-plink sound... and hear the plink-plink sound...
and hear the...  well you get the idea.  Open hood and see the intake
manifold all wet and puddled.  It got so bad I just drove it that way,
fortunately it never caught fire.. surprisingly..  dumb kid!

I tried checking everything and several new inlet valves but it still
did it occasionally.  I didn't get it finally fixed until 1973 when I
bought a Holley that is still on the car.  Now of course Holley's have
their own fuel leak problems but never a stuck inlet valve...

Gary