Re: [Tigers] Tiger Spare Tire and Rim

To: Stu <sabre2tgr@gmail.com>, "Teepen, Jere" <jteepen@usatoday.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Spare Tire and Rim
From: Tod Brown via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 11:06:29 -0400
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
--===============7636621211747959165==
 boundary="------------020100080705060801070208"

--------------020100080705060801070208

Of course! I did not mean to imply that one should use outdated rubber.
Presumably, you can obtain replacement mini spares.

Putting any spare tire on your Tiger should be only a "limp home"
solution and I think most owners treat it as such. In my
case I run different sized tires on front and back so it's impossible to
have a spare which would be an exact replacement
for every situation anyway.

As for newer ones that would fit, I guess you would have to look for a
rim that has a 4 x 4.25 bolt circle. I don't know of
any off the top of my head. Does anybody?

Tod

On 9/9/2015 11:05 PM, Stu wrote:
> And remember, tires die from getting old, as much as from use.  A mini
> spare tire from the 70's may look good, but is likely dangerous to use.
>
> Are there any newer ones that fit?
>
> Stu
>
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 10:39 PM, Teepen, Jere via Tigers
>
>     Also be sure the center hole for the hub fits both the back and
>     front of the car.  Some of these are smaller than those on a Tiger
>     or Alpine.  It may fit the rear, but not the front.  Or the other
>     way.  Or something.
>
>     Happy hunting!

  <head>
  </head>
      one should use outdated rubber. Presumably, you can obtain
      replacement mini spares.<br>
      Putting any spare tire on your Tiger should be only a "limp home"
      solution and I think most owners treat it as such. In my <br>
      case I run different sized tires on front and back so it's
      impossible to have a spare which would be an exact replacement <br>
      for every situation anyway. <br>
      As for newer ones that would fit, I guess you would have to look
      for a rim that has a 4 x 4.25 bolt circle. I don't know of <br>
      any off the top of my head. Does anybody?<br>
      Tod<br>
      On 9/9/2015 11:05 PM, Stu wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CA+DpG6478sQLVA2chcZDr9JvF60g9aKE+YpBsDtDN43E7ZnCLA@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
          tires die from getting old, as much as from use.  A mini spare
          tire from the 70's may look good, but is likely dangerous to
          use.</div>
          newer ones that fit?  </div>
          Teepen, Jere via Tigers <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a
              moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";
              target="_blank"><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
          wrote:<br>
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
              lang="EN-US">
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1f497d">Also
                    be sure the center hole for the hub fits both the
                    back and front of the car.  Some of these are
                    smaller than those on a Tiger or Alpine.  It may fit
                    the rear, but not the front.  Or the other way.  Or
                    something.</span></p>
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1f497d"> </span></p>
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1f497d">Happy
                    hunting!</span></p>
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:#1f497d"> </span></p>
                    1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:windowtext">From:</span></b><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:windowtext">
                        Tigers [mailto:<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                          href="mailto:tigers-bounces@autox.team.net";
                          target="_blank">tigers-bounces@autox.team.net</a>]
                        <b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, September 09, 2015 7:06
                        PM<br>
                        <b>To:</b> <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                          href="mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";
                          target="_blank">tigers@autox.team.net</a><br>
                        <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Tigers] Tiger Spare Tire
                        and Rim</span></p>
                    style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif">A
                    possible solution to what to use for a spare and rim
                    has been used by member Jim Armstrong and I hope he
                    will chime in here.<br>
                    What Jim did was to find a compact spare from a
                    74-78 Mustang. The bolt circle is the same as the
                    Tiger, so it bolts on without<br>
                    any difficulty. It also takes up less room in the
                  like a good solution for those who can do
                  without total authenticity.<br>
                  As had been said, make sure you are carrying the
                  proper lug nuts to attach your spare.<br>
                  Cheers,<br>
                  Tod<br>
                  B382002384LRXFE<br>
                  TAC#864</p>