Re: [Tigers] Front Hubs

To: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Front Hubs
From: michael king via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 15:45:02 +1000
Cc: Tiger Talk List Tiger <tigers@autox.team.net>

--047d7b67705e431bca051f9a7336

The disc thickness will be weak, the size if disc is odd.  Should be same
diameter on series 3-v alpine and tiger.

As for hubs same on all alpines on front.... Maybe running wrong grease
cap?
On 13 Sep 2015 14:29, "Tod Brown via Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Hello All:
>
> The other day, a friend who owns a Tiger II found that one of his pie
> mags would not
> fit on one of the front hubs. In trying to figure out why, we took a hub
> off a Series V
> Alpine that we have been dismantling and found that the mag would fit on
> that hub
> very easily. I would have thought that the hubs used on the Tiger II's
> and the Series V
> Alpines were the same and, as far as I can find, there is only one part
> number on the
> Parts List, but they are slightly different. Can anyone offer any insight
> into this situation?
>
> We also noticed that the brake discs on the Tiger II and the Alpine V were
> different, with
> the Tiger disc being thicker but slightly smaller in diameter than those
> on the Alpine.
>
> Are these just ordinary variations in manufactured parts of is there some
> other
> explanation?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tod
> B382002384LRXFE
> TAC 864

--047d7b67705e431bca051f9a7336

=A0 Should be same diameter on series 3-v alpine and tiger.</p>
rong grease cap? <br>
&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>tigers@autox.team.net</=
a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" sty=
le=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20

   =20
 =20
        The other day, a<font face=3D"Arial"> friend who owns a Tiger II
          found that one of his pie mags would not <br>
              hubs<font face=3D"Arial">. In trying to<font face=3D"Arial">
                  figure out why, we took a hub off a Series V<br>
                    dismantling and found that the mag would fit on that
                    hub<br>
                        would have thought that the hubs used on the <font =
face=3D"Arial">Tiger II&#39;s and the Series V<br>
                            as far as I can find, there is only one part
                            number on the<br>
                              slightly different. Can anyone offer any
                              insight into this situation?<br>
                                the brake discs on the Tiger II and the
                                Alpine V were different, with<br>
=3D"Arial">sc being thicker but