Re: [Tigers] Seat Belts and Seat Slider

To: Joel Martin <jmartiniii@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Seat Belts and Seat Slider
From: michael king via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 22:33:40 +1000
Cc: Tiger Talk List Tiger <tigers@autox.team.net>

--047d7bd907f00427cd051ff0a080

Joel,

The sunbeams have from series alpines though tiger mounting points for 3
point belts.

There are 2 points on the floor on each side of the car for the lap mounts
at the rear of the rear floorplans, the shoulder mount goes through into
the rear wheel well with a captive nut that's plugged by a nylon screw that
you can see if you put your head in the rear wheel arch.
On 17 Sep 2015 10:30 pm, "Joel Martin via Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> I must confess, when doing metal and body work, I did not think ahead
> regarding seat belt mounting locations.  I know with 1968 and newer cars
> you are required to wear a seat belt but I am sure I want them on any car I
> drive.
>
> So, what do people do regarding adding seat belts 'after' welding is out
> of the question with new paint completed and carpet installed?  My MGB has
> welded in captive nuts for belts and shoulder strap mounting points and I
> guess I was thinking the Tiger MK 1A had them as well - bad mistake.
> Options now?
>
> My other concern is with the seat slider where the seats 'raise/tip'
> forward with no way to hold back of seat frame from tipping forward in case
> of front end accident.  How have folks addressed this issue or is it a none
> issue?
>
> Regards
>
> Joel Martin

--047d7bd907f00427cd051ff0a080

points for 3 point belts.</p>
the lap mounts at the rear of the rear floorplans, the shoulder mount goes =
through into the rear wheel well with a captive nut that&#39;s plugged by a=
 nylon screw that you can see if you put your head in the rear wheel arch.<=
/p>
igers&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>tigers@autox.team.=
net</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote=
" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><=
div><div style=3D"color:#000;background-color:#fff;font-family:garamond,new=
 york,times,serif;font-size:16px"><div dir=3D"ltr">I must confess, when doi=
ng metal and body work, I did not think ahead regarding seat belt mounting =
locations.=C2=A0 I know with 1968 and newer cars you are required to wear a=
 seat belt but I am sure I want them on any car I drive.</div><div dir=3D"l=
belts &#39;after&#39; welding is out of the question with new paint complet=
ed and carpet installed?=C2=A0 My MGB has welded in captive nuts for belts =
and shoulder strap mounting points and I guess I was thinking the Tiger MK =
1A had them as well - bad mistake.=C2=A0 Options now?</div><div dir=3D"ltr"=
the seats &#39;raise/tip&#39; forward with no way to hold back of seat fram=
e from tipping forward in case of front end accident.=C2=A0 How have folks =
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>