Re: [Tigers] Tiger Spare Tire and Rim

To: Joel Martin <jmartiniii@yahoo.com>, Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Spare Tire and Rim
From: awtiger--- via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 11:16:29 -0400
Cc: Joel Martin via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Joel:

I'm at work right now and do not have access to my copy of TBON, but I seem to
recall that the MkIIs had stock steel wheels that were painted a silver color
on both sides, while the Mk1 and Mk1A wheels were painted black on the inside
of the wheel and white on the outside.  If I'm not mistaken, I believe the
correct color ID for the outside wheel color was "Seafoam Gray," or something
like that.  I contacted Tower Paint in Appleton, WI, years ago and gave them
the afore-mentioned name of the correct Rootes color and they were able to mix
me several cans of it to spray my wheels with.

Jay was correct in his description of the spray method.  The wheels were
evidently painted black and then the "Seafoam Gray" was applied to the outside
surface of the wheel with no effort by the factory to mask off the inside
surface.  It is proper to have a little overspray come through and land on the
black surface of the inside of the wheel, so don't worry about that.

Hope this helps,
Andy