Re: [Tigers] Inside Door panel questions

To: Joel Martin <jmartiniii@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Inside Door panel questions
From: michael king via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2015 09:57:26 +1000
Cc: Tiger Talk List Tiger <tigers@autox.team.net>

--047d7b675e4e007dd2052127edce

Joel the GT style door panels had a sort of fibre spacer behind each of the
penetration for screws, window winders handles, this is due to the  spaced
mounting tabs on GT doors that hold the trim panel out to align with the
depth of the waist roll along the top.
On 3 Oct 2015 1:53 am, "Joel Martin via Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> All
>
> While still waiting for inside door/vent window finishing strip to be re
> chromed (pure pain) , we were fitting up the door panels for a test fit and
> came away with the following questions.
>
> The door panel/card attaches to the door via 4 - 1/2 holes at the top.  We
> bought SS DP57 (door panel clip 28 per car needed) and DP57S, plastic
> sleeve for door panel clip - 10-12 per car needed.  The DP57S would go into
> a 3/8" hole but my car holes are 1/2" with no sign of having been drilled
> out.    What do we put in holes to attach the 4 -   1/4 clips DP57 clips?
> Options/suggestions?
>
> The door pull handle mounts with 2 screws to recessed nut(captive?) in the
> door itself.  There must be some kind of spacer that goes 'behind' the
> panel otherwise if you we to tighten the screws  on the door pull handle it
> would crease the new panel as there is about a 1/2" air gap between the
> door panel and the door itself.
>
> Appears from the door and the old door card, based on indentations, there
> was a 1/ 1/2" fiber or plastic diameter washer with, I would guess a 3/8"
> hole to receive each screw.  SS lists nothing in catalog for this and am
> wondering what was suppose to go behind the door card , glued on?", and the
> door itself so as to not crush the new door card when attaching the door
> handle?  Options/suggestions?
>

> Regards
>
> Joel Martin

--047d7b675e4e007dd2052127edce

ind each of the penetration for screws, window winders handles, this is due=
 to the=C2=A0 spaced mounting tabs on GT doors that hold the trim panel out=
 to align with the depth of the waist roll along the top. </p>
ers&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>tigers@autox.team.ne=
t</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" =
style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><di=
v><div style=3D"color:#000;background-color:#fff;font-family:garamond,new y=
ll waiting for inside door/vent window finishing strip to be re chromed (pu=
re pain) , we were fitting up the door panels for a test fit and came away =
 panel/card attaches to the door via 4 - 1/2 holes at the top.=C2=A0 We bou=
ght SS DP57 (door panel clip 28 per car needed) and DP57S, plastic sleeve f=
or door panel clip - 10-12 per car needed.=C2=A0 The DP57S would go into a =
3/8&quot; hole but my car holes are 1/2&quot; with no sign of having been d=
rilled out. =C2=A0 =C2=A0What do we put in holes to attach the 4 - =C2=A0 1=
/div><div dir=3D"ltr">The door pull handle mounts with 2 screws to recessed=
 nut(captive?) in the door itself.=C2=A0 There must be some kind of spacer =
that goes &#39;behind&#39; the panel otherwise if you we to tighten the scr=
ews =C2=A0on the door pull handle it would crease the new panel as there is=
 about a 1/2&quot; air gap between the door panel and the door itself.</div=
old door card, based on indentations, there was a 1/ 1/2&quot; fiber or pla=
stic diameter washer with, I would guess a 3/8&quot; hole to receive each s=
crew.=C2=A0 SS lists nothing in catalog for this and am wondering what was =
suppose to go behind the door card , glued on?&quot;, and the door itself s=
o as to not crush the new door card when attaching the door handle?=C2=A0 O=
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>