Re: [Tigers] Defroster tubes and rubber elbow

To: genepadgett@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Defroster tubes and rubber elbow
From: Stu via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 20:55:52 -0500
Cc: tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>

--047d7b5d3830885fb30528786d29

I replaced mine with some aluminum accordion tubes I found at an auto parts
store.  I think they were intended for feeding hot air to air cleaners.
They actually had some close enough to the right diameter.  This was maybe
15 years ago, so its hard to say what's available now.

Once I had them bent to shape, I painted them flat black, and they are
hardly noticeable.

Stu

On Sun, Jan 3, 2016 at 8:08 PM, genepadgett--- via Tigers <
tigers@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I hope everyone had a great Christmas and that 2016 is off to an excellent
> start.
>
> I am looking to replace the paper accordian style 1.5 inch OD defroster
> hoses that connect the air deflector/diverter to the dash and am wondering
> what people are using these days.   I see that Moss Motors lists some hoses
> for a MG B/C from back in the day but have no idea of the diameter.   In
> the past I have not had much luck getting product details from the order
> takers at Moss.    Can someone on the List can point me to a source for
> these hoses, or confirm these from Moss will work?
>
> I would also like to find another 90 degree rubber elbow for the one hose
> that has it on the one end.   Anyone know of a currently available source?
>
> BTW, I am strictly looking for functional replacements here, nothing
> concours or anything like that.
>
> THX in advance.   Gene

--047d7b5d3830885fb30528786d29

eplaced mine with some aluminum accordion tubes I found at an auto parts st=
ore.=C2=A0 I think they were intended for feeding hot air to air cleaners.=
=C2=A0 They actually had some close enough to the right diameter.=C2=A0 Thi=
s was maybe 15 years ago, so its hard to say what&#39;s available now.</div=
s=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">Once I had them bent to shape=
, I painted them flat black, and they are hardly noticeable.</div><div clas=
s=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail=
_default" style=3D"font-size:small">Stu</div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extr=
a"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sun, Jan 3, 2016 at 8:08 PM, genepadge=
tt--- via Tigers <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tigers@autox.team.=
kquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #cc=
c solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><div style=3D"font-family:Times New Roman;fo=
eryone had a great Christmas and that 2016 is off to an excellent start.</d=
5 inch OD defroster hoses that connect the air deflector/diverter to the da=
sh and am wondering what people are using these days. =C2=A0 I see that Mos=
s Motors lists some hoses for a MG B/C from back in the day but have no ide=
a of the diameter. =C2=A0 In the past I have not had much luck getting prod=
uct details from the order takers at Moss. =C2=A0 =C2=A0Can someone on the =
List can point me to a source for these hoses, or confirm these from Moss w=
ree rubber elbow for the one hose that has it on the one end. =C2=A0 Anyone=
trictly looking for functional replacements here, nothing concours or anyth=
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>