[Tigers] Wiki or G Robson for Tiger info

To: Ron Fraser via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Wiki or G Robson for Tiger info
From: snakebit289 via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 17:01:27 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_2287904_265470795.1465837287916

Only my opinion, but folks using wikipedia. org should use it like they would
Cliff Notes, strictly as a guide to research their references in order to get
the whole picture on a subject. I write a column, and if the only source of
information I have at my disposal is wiki, I need to change subjects. I've
found that the powers that be who manage wiki aren't responsive to people
questioning individual entries. I wasn't part of the team of actual owners and
other Tiger historians who contacted wiki on this subject, but I was told wiki
did not care for criticism from the team.
Likewise, we thought we had an opportunity to question Graham Robson about
information contained in his book Sunbeam Alpine and Tiger, when he was one of
two invited Sunbeam celebrities to appear at SUNI VI in Colorado Springs in the
summer of 2014. I was told that he would have nothing of the sort. He basked in
his preferred role as bon vivant and master of ceremonies at the event, and
would not make himself available for any Q and A, private or public. I suggest
that if people want to quote passages from his book, they read as many books
related to Tigers as possible, and if basing information they post from the
Robson book, that they attribute it to him, as they would for any information
they did not learn firsthand.
Rande Bellman

------=_Part_2287904_265470795.1465837287916

ont-family:bookman old style, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px"><div d=
ir=3D"ltr" id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1465835593233_3787">Only my opinion, but=
 folks using wikipedia. org should use it like they would Cliff Notes, stri=
ctly as a guide to research their references in order to get the whole pict=
ure on a subject. I write a column, and if the only source of information I=
 have at my disposal is wiki, I need to change subjects. I've found that th=
e powers that be who manage wiki aren't responsive to people questioning in=
dividual entries. I wasn't part of the team of actual owners and other Tige=
r historians who contacted wiki on this subject, but I was told wiki did no=
t care for criticism from the team.</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_14658=
35593233_4132" dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_146583559=
3233_4133" dir=3D"ltr">Likewise, we thought we had an opportunity to questi=
on Graham Robson about information contained in his book Sunbeam Alpine and=
 Tiger, when he was one of two invited Sunbeam celebrities to appear at SUN=
I VI in Colorado Springs in the summer of 2014. I was told that he would ha=
ve nothing of the sort. He basked in his preferred role as bon vivant and m=
aster of ceremonies at the event, and would not make himself available for =
any Q and A, private or public. I suggest that if people want to quote pass=
ages from his book, they read as many books related to Tigers as possible, =
and if basing information they post from the Robson book, that they attribu=
te it to him, as they would for any information they did not learn firsthan=
div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1465835593233_4348" dir=3D"ltr">Rande Bell=
------=_Part_2287904_265470795.1465837287916--

--===============8154520736748375536==