Re: [Tigers] Oil Pressure Hose/Fitting

To: "Stu" <sabre2tgr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Oil Pressure Hose/Fitting
From: Richard Bruner via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 08:38:39 -0600
Cc: Tiger Net <tigers@autox.team.net>

------=_20181106083839_89222

I bought a new oil line, but have been struggling for several weeks trying
to get it installed.  Having big hands and not being able to see
anything behind the instrument panel due to all of the
wiring/clutter/steering column does not help matters.

I tried removing the oil pressure gauge from the instrument panel, but one
of the gauge bracket studs just spins, so I can?t get the knurled nut
off.  Apparently, removing the gauge is not an option.

I read where many people recommend just removing the instrument panel for
access.  Does anyone have step by step instructions on the best way
to do this?  Funny how something so simple can turn into a major
stumbling block...

On Fri, October 5, 2018 5:03 pm, Stu wrote:

> Was this still the ORIGINAL hose??? If so, remove it and toss it in
the

> trash. They are extremely brittle by now. Many of us can confirm
this,

> by personal experience.

> Get one of the replacement kits, SS or CAT should have something

> available. Is the steel braided line still available?

> Stu

> On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 4:18 PM Richard Bruner via Tigers <

> tigers@autox.team.net> wrote:

>> The oil pressure hose on my car cracked near the block, with a

>> predictable

>> result. I cut the cracked section off, and am trying to get the
old,

>> brittle hose back on the barbed fitting. I've tried a lighter, a
hair

>> dryer and a heat gun so far, with no luck. The hose blisters
before

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/sabre2tgr@gmail.com

------=_20181106083839_89222

I bought a new oil line, but have been struggling for several weeks trying
to get it installed.&nbsp; Having big hands and not being able to see
anything behind the instrument panel due to all of the
wiring/clutter/steering column does not help matters.<br />
&nbsp;<br />
I tried removing the oil pressure gauge from the instrument panel, but one
of the gauge bracket studs just spins, so I can?t get the knurled nut
off.&nbsp; Apparently, removing the gauge is not an option.<br />
&nbsp;<br />
I read where many people recommend just removing the instrument panel for
access.&nbsp; Does anyone have step by step instructions on the best way
to do this?&nbsp; Funny how something so simple can turn into a major
stumbling block...<br />
On Fri, October 5, 2018 5:03 pm, Stu wrote:<br />
&gt; Was this still the ORIGINAL hose??? If so, remove it and toss it in
the<br />
&gt; trash. They are extremely brittle by now. Many of us can confirm
this,<br />
&gt; by personal experience.<br />
&gt;<br />
&gt; Get one of the replacement kits, SS or CAT should have something<br />
&gt; available. Is the steel braided line still available?<br />
&gt;<br />
&gt; Stu<br />
&gt;<br />
&gt; On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 4:18 PM Richard Bruner via Tigers &lt;<br />
&gt; tigers@autox.team.net&gt; wrote:<br />
&gt;<br />
&gt;&gt; The oil pressure hose on my car cracked near the block, with a<br />
&gt;&gt; predictable<br />
&gt;&gt; result. I cut the cracked section off, and am trying to get the
old,<br />
&gt;&gt; brittle hose back on the barbed fitting. I've tried a lighter, a
hair<br />
&gt;&gt; dryer and a heat gun so far, with no luck. The hose blisters
before<br />
&gt;&gt; getting hot enough to go on the fitting.<br />
&gt;&gt;<br />
&gt;&gt; Any suggestions?<br />
&gt;&gt;<br />
&gt;&gt; Richard Bruner_______________________________________________<br />