[Tigers] Cam Thrust Plate

To: Tigers Den <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Cam Thrust Plate
From: Joe Brown via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 16:38:41 -0600

--000000000000481ace0580a07578

Hi,

I bought an Edelbrock 7820 timing chain set to go on my 260 and the
instructions say to remove the original cam thrust plate and spacer and
replace it with Ford thrust plate  # C9OZ-6269-A.  These instructions do
not explain WHY the plate needs to be replaced.  I called Edelbrock and the
guy I spoke to was useless.  I pointed out that the Ford part number they
listed appears to be obsolete and his response was to send me a link to
Ebay where an old one is for sale.  I've found some other vendors that have
replacements for this number.  Does anybody know why a different thrust
plate would be required for the Edelbrock timing chain set?

Thanks,
Joe Brown

--000000000000481ace0580a07578

hain set to go on my 260 and the instructions say to remove the original ca=
m thrust plate and spacer and replace it with Ford thrust plate=C2=A0 # C9O=
Z-6269-A.=C2=A0 These instructions do not explain WHY the plate needs to be=
 replaced.=C2=A0 I called Edelbrock and the guy I spoke to was useless.=C2=
=A0 I pointed out that the Ford part number they listed appears to be obsol=
ete and his response was to send me a link to Ebay where an old one is for =
sale.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve found some other vendors that have replacements for th=
is number.=C2=A0 Does anybody know why a different thrust plate would be re=

--000000000000481ace0580a07578--

--===============4021647619462224698==