[Tigers] Rod Bearings

To: Tigers Den <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Rod Bearings
From: Joe Brown via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 17:37:19 -0600

--000000000000b24eac0580c98285

Sorry to keep bugging everybody.  The piston rods in the 260 have an oil
hole in the big end that gets covered up by a bearing.  I bought a set of
Sealed Power bearings and discovered that they do not have a hole that
would allow oil to come through from the rod.  I did some searching and it
looks like some brands of bearings have a hole and some don't.

I found the original Ford part number in the Tiger repair manual
(C2OZ-6211-H or J) and when I Google that number I find a lot of hits for
C2OZ-6211-R which shows bearings without holes.  The exploded drawing in
the Tiger manual looks like it is showing a bearing WITH a hole.  I don't
have the original bearings, so I don't know if they had the hole or not.

Does anybody know whether I can use the Sealed Power parts or should I go
get something with holes?

Thanks,
Joe Brown

--000000000000b24eac0580c98285

the 260 have an oil hole in the big end that gets covered up by a bearing.=
=C2=A0 I bought a set of Sealed Power bearings and discovered that they do =
not have a hole that would allow oil to come through from the rod.=C2=A0 I =
did some searching and it looks like some brands of bearings have a hole an=
part number in the Tiger repair manual (C2OZ-6211-H or J) and when I Google=
 that number I find a lot of hits for C2OZ-6211-R which shows bearings with=
out holes.=C2=A0 The exploded drawing in the Tiger manual looks like it is =
showing a bearing WITH a hole.=C2=A0 I don&#39;t have the original bearings=
>Does anybody know whether I can use the Sealed Power parts or should I go =
own</div></div>

--000000000000b24eac0580c98285--

--===============8272217626814860236==