Re: [Tigers] Rod Bearings

To: Joe Brown <jbbrown1980@gmail.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Rod Bearings
From: Jim Buster via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 20:29:21 -0800
I believe the hole in the rod (early rods) was to squirt some oil to the piston
skirt for cooling. Ford deleted that later as it wasnâ??t necessary, at least
in their estimation. Iâ??ve â??re-shapedâ?? holes in cranks to match the oil
holes in the bearings but, drilling on a bearing would be sketchy, at least for
me. My instinct would be to use the bearings and cover up the hole in the rod.
Unless you can find bearings with the extra hole. Just my 2 cents.