[Tigers] Radiator catch can

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Radiator catch can
From: "Ronak, T. \(Timothy\) via Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2019 01:00:16 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Cooling cars does require adding a couple of â??modernâ?? improvements ...
1 A catch can that is open to the environment but has an airtight piece of
tubing (sealed at the catch can nipple and always submerged in the extra
reservoir) This permits coolant to expand and be stored/contained and then when
the car cools it will suck back into the cooling system. This is how a modern
overflow works.
2 The radiator needs to be sealed around the perimeter in the opening it sits
in and even a lower â??air damâ?? that prevent air recirculating under the
radiator and back around through the front.
3 Ensure ALL AIR IS EXTRACTED from the cooling system and really the only way
to do this is to use a vacuum generating device like an â??Air Liftâ?? device
that physically removes all of the air pockets in the system ... I would do
this first through the radiator cap opening and then after sealing the system
back up do it through the expansion tank overflow nipple as the car warms.

My 2 cents

Stay Smiling ...
Tim Ronak
Senior Services Consultant
AkzoNobel Automotive and Aerospace Coatings

 â??If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present. But if a man ignores
the past, he may rob the future. The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the
roots of our past.â?? - Master Po - TV's Kung Fu

Sent from my iPhone