Re: [Tigers] Tiger side moulding fasteners more information

To: John Watertor <h2otor@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger side moulding fasteners more information
From: Gary via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 18:23:39 -0800
Cc: Tigers@autox.team.net

--Apple-Mail-FE01C3A3-A98A-4195-933A-8E70655E81E0
        charset=utf-8

John,
The square head screws do not clamp, they
just do not in-snap!?  They let go of the
molding when you slide the molding.
Gary

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 14, 2019, at 5:11 PM, John Watertor via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.n=
et> wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BF
> Davids photo's shows the side moulding rivets and fasteners I was talking a=
bout. Pictures RSCN1563.jpg shows the side moulding rivets and RSCN1567.jpg s=
hows the square head clamping fasteners. Look for message=20
r@bluefrog.com <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
> Sent: Thu, Nov 14, 2019 1:05 pm
> Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger side moulding fasteners more information
>=20
> Dug thru my parts also, some of these have been posted already. attached b=
elow.
> H114404 I believe were on the front of the front side stripe and door? can=
't remember, odd it only shows 4 required used, so the side trim wouldn't be=
 knocked off easily?
> 5221336 was, I believe, for the chrome badges, replacement for the steel "=
V" clips, I know I have some "V" clips, but can't locate them.
>=20
> David Franchi
>=20
>=20
> On Thursday, November 14, 2019, 9:47:19 AM PST, John Watertor via Tigers <=
tigers@autox.team.net> wrote:
>=20
>=20
>   I had to dig out the plastic tub of tiger parts stored it the lower leve=
l of the house that I haven't  be in for the last 30 years. Still had some i=
nteresting items that I had forgot about. None of which are for sale. When t=
he tiger dealers=20
> could not get any cars any more the dealers closed up shop. I went to a de=
aler to buy things I might need for the car. I bought a sunbeam hard top for=
 $150.00, a set of brake hoses, and a package of two cloth wrapped, yellow s=
triped,=20
> pre cut brake vacuum hose. There was two in the package and he said if he o=
pened the package and took one out he could not return them for credit. I ha=
d almost  zero vacuum at the servo unit.  I took the carb off to access the =
 hose
> fitting and when I removed the vacuum hose the gas vapors had swelled the h=
ose almost shut. Just cut about 2" off the hose and used the old one. Also l=
ater when I needed parts I send a order to the Rootes ware house in New Jers=
ey.
> =46rom the ware house I got a bumper, head light rims , upper and lower ba=
ll joints, side moulding fasteners and other parts until they closed and the=
 after market part supplies become available.
>=20
> Need to correct the information I sent earlier to the list. I found the me=
tal side moulding  rivets which had a flange edge to hold the side mouldings=
. The Rootes plastic bag has part number 2232727 qty 10 and number E 1 (or l=
)  70.
> Need to get my son in law to come over and take a picture of the side moul=
ding fasteners and the J. A Pearce rims. Can I send the pictures to Ron Fras=
er as I don't know how to place them on the form and maybe he will get=20
> them on the list for every can view them. B9470515 had the metal rivets fo=
r the side mouldings.
> John Watertor=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Today's Topics:
>=20
>   1. Re: side moulding fasteners reply John Watertor (John Watertor)
>   2. Re: side moulding fasteners reply John Watertor (Ron Fraser)
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2019 23:43:16 +0000 (UTC)
> From: John Watertor <h2otor@aol.com>
> To: tigers@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Tigers] side moulding fasteners reply John Watertor
king out of the body which was round to snap into the chrome side moulding. I=
 needed some many years ago and purchased a plastic packageof them from Root=
es with 9 in the package. I used 3 of them and still have 6 left some where i=
n the house, that I haven't seen in years. Some one had 5 or 6 for sale on E=
-bay several years ago, but I did not want?to pay $5 or $6 each for them. Wh=
en I had my Tiger painted I had the body man grind them off because the prob=
lem of sanding off the old paint and repainting the car. I replaced them wit=
h the plastic fastenersfrom the after market parts dealers and are still on t=
he car.
> The 7208008 fixing stud (6) my guess is the 1/8" square head threaded stud=
 to clamp the chrome side molding to the body. There was one at the front of=
 the front moulding, one on the door, I don't remember? where?it was located=
 and one on the back of the back moulding. I twisted mine off while removing=
 them and had to make the replacements by cutting a 1/8" square brass plate f=
rom sheet brass, drilling a hole thru, going?to the local hobby shop and buy=
ing the small bolts and then soldering? the head of the bolt to the 1/8" bra=
ss plate.
> My guess the 7208009 (6) sealing bush is a rubber washer to seal the above=
 fixing stud on assembly.
> Don't remember using any 7208029 (6)? thread cutting fasteners.
> John Watertor
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 11:42:29 -0500
> From: "Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
> To: "'John Watertor'" <h2otor@aol.com>
> Cc: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
> Subject: Re: [Tigers] side moulding fasteners reply John Watertor
>=20
> John
>=20
>                 Thank you for your information.  I don?t think I have ever=
 seen any of the original parts and I?m curious about them.
>=20
> I bought parts from Sunbeam Specialties to install my side mouldings.  I m=
ade a few threaded fasteners to give a more positive clamp force.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> So far the indications are that the parts are from the Imp line due to the=
 starting # of 7 of the part numbers.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I?m also thinking the 7208029 thread cutting fastener was an optional fast=
ener.
>=20
> The number of fasteners did not add up ? 46 are needed but the parts list i=
ndicated 52 ? that is why I think the thread cutter was optional.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I?m still hoping to see picture of the original parts.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Ron Fraser
>=20
>=20
>=20
utox.team.net> >
> Sent: Wed, Oct 30, 2019 2:41 pm
> Subject: side moulding fasteners reply John Watertor
>=20
> In regards to the Tiger side moulding fasteners
>=20
>=20
>=20
> The 7096040 clip (40 required ) These were metal rivets with the head stic=
king out of the body which was round to snap into the chrome side moulding. I=
 needed some many years ago and purchased a plastic package
>=20
> of them from Rootes with 9 in the package. I used 3 of them and still have=
 6 left some where in the house, that I haven't seen in years. Some one had 5=
 or 6 for sale on E-bay several years ago, but I did not want
>=20
> to pay $5 or $6 each for them. When I had my Tiger painted I had the body m=
an grind them off because the problem of sanding off the old paint and repai=
nting the car. I replaced them with the plastic fasteners
>=20
> from the after market parts dealers and are still on the car.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> The 7208008 fixing stud (6) my guess is the 1/8" square head threaded stud=
 to clamp the chrome side molding to the body. There was one at the front of=
 the front moulding, one on the door, I don't remember  where
>=20
> it was located and one on the back of the back moulding. I twisted mine of=
f while removing them and had to make the replacements by cutting a 1/8" squ=
are brass plate from sheet brass, drilling a hole thru, going
>=20
> to the local hobby shop and buying the small bolts and then soldering  the=
 head of the bolt to the 1/8" brass plate.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> My guess the 7208009 (6) sealing bush is a rubber washer to seal the above=
 fixing stud on assembly.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Don't remember using any 7208029 (6)  thread cutting fasteners.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> John Watertor
>=20
al.net
>=20
>=20
>=20
ast.net
>=20
>=20

--Apple-Mail-FE01C3A3-A98A-4195-933A-8E70655E81E0
        charset=utf-8

cite">On Nov 14, 2019, at 5:11 PM, John Watertor via Tigers &lt;tigers@autox=
v dir=3D"ltr">=EF=BB=BF
ulding rivets and fasteners I was talking about. Pictures RSCN1563.jpg shows=
 the side moulding rivets and RSCN1567.jpg shows the square head clamping fa=
steners. Look for message&nbsp;</div>

-Original Message-----<br clear=3D"none">