Re: [Tigers] Forest Green

To: "Ron Fraser <rfraser@bluefrog.com>" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Forest Green
From: jimmc13--- via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 12:06:56 -0600

--=_8d80e07560ff9921533bdcb217b9b42b

Ron;

I recently had my 1966 Tiger restored and we painted it
original Rootes code 86. So on December 31, 2013, the painter had some
single stage touch up paint mixed at O'Reilly's Paint store in Columbia,
Mo. These guys have a great local reputation for color matching and
mixing. They nailed the color of the convertible top frame, light/medium
gray for the Tiger. They also nailed the factory color 86 with the help
of the local DuPont rep. The car is painted with DuPont Chroma Premier,
base and Chroma Premier Clear for the second stage, 3 coats. The
Spectramaster code is GS280 and the single stage touch up is GS280IE.
The car is beautiful and has been shown at 2 of the last 3 Shelbyfests
held locally inn Hermann, Mo and now Jefferson City, Mo. Hope this
helps. Note that DuPont was bought out by Axalta. I can send a couple
pictures if you wish, esp since you are always a big help for us.

Jim
McLaughlin

B382000175LRXFE

On 12/22/19, Ron Fraser via Tigers wrote:

> Anyone know a current paint code # for Forest Green - Rootes code
86?

> I would like to do some touch up some paint chips in the
spring.

> I'm not sure my 45 year old Qt can of Sherwin William
JX-9977 Forest Green will rejuvenate enough to use even as touch up
paint.

> A current paint code # would make it easier to purchase
locally.

> Actually, It would really be nice if we all had a
complete listing of current paint codes numbers for Rootes paint codes.
Anyone know some?

> Thanks
>
> Ron Fraser

--=_8d80e07560ff9921533bdcb217b9b42b

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN">
code 86.&nbsp; So on December 31, 2013, the painter had some single stage t=
ouch up paint mixed at O'Reilly's Paint store in Columbia, Mo.&nbsp; These =
guys have a great local reputation for color matching and mixing.&nbsp; The=
y nailed the color of the convertible top frame, light/medium gray for the =
Tiger.&nbsp; They also nailed the factory color 86 with the help of the loc=
al DuPont rep.&nbsp; The car is painted with DuPont Chroma Premier, base an=
d Chroma Premier Clear for the second stage, 3 coats.&nbsp; The Spectramast=
er code is GS280 and the single stage touch up is GS280IE.&nbsp; The car is=
 beautiful and has been shown at 2 of the last 3 Shelbyfests held locally i=
nn Hermann, Mo and now Jefferson City, Mo.&nbsp; Hope this helps.&nbsp; Not=
e that DuPont was bought out by Axalta.&nbsp; I can send a couple pictures =
if you wish, esp since you are always a big help for us.</p>
x solid; margin-left:5px; width:100%"><!-- html ignored --><!-- head ignore=
d --><!-- meta ignored --><!-- meta ignored -->
&ndash; Rootes code 86?<!-- o ignored --></p>
 the spring.<!-- o ignored --></p>
William JX-9977 Forest Green will rejuvenate enough to use even as touch up=
 paint.<!-- o ignored --></p>
ase locally.<!-- o ignored --></p>
mplete listing of current paint codes numbers for Rootes paint codes.&nbsp;=
 Anyone know some?<!-- o ignored --></p>

--=_8d80e07560ff9921533bdcb217b9b42b--

--===============7147836188318775230==