Re: [Tigers] Suspension issues(maybe)

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Suspension issues(maybe)
From: Tom Witt via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 18:19:00 -0700

--------------4FF667F65FB82A341DD2D7FC

Raising the rear of a Tiger 3" is significant! It likely shifted
significant weight on the front wheels. And if that was the case the
static alignment is now based on the changes that weight made. Whenever
something changes..., go back and look at the changes made even if
elsewhere. I swapped an EAO 2.0 for a Lima 2.3 with turbo in my Pinto
and the weight difference produced similar results. But in my case I was
expecting a difference.  Why 3" in the rear?

On 6/12/2020 5:38 PM, Lance Beauchamp wrote:
> During the winter months I had the rear springs rearced  it raised the
> Tigef about 3inches and installed some new KGB shocks in rear. Went
> for a very short ride because of time restrictions and found the car
> mushy in front, It felt so different I would describe it as loose in
> front, better check the shocks in front also, they are only Aaaa 25
> years old. Could be 35.  But really any other ideas. Beau

--------------4FF667F65FB82A341DD2D7FC

  <head>
  </head>
      significant weight on the front wheels. And if that was the case
      the static alignment is now based on the changes that weight made.
      Whenever something changes..., go back and look at the changes
      made even if elsewhere. I swapped an EAO 2.0 for a Lima 2.3 with
      turbo in my Pinto and the weight difference produced similar
      results. But in my case I was expecting a difference.  Why 3" in
      the rear?<br>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CACQC2nX2mPp3pDzoOYjdh1gZuyS9MYLbtYwBcRGtqUBeFCugHw@mail.gmail.com">
        rearced  it raised the Tigef about 3inches and installed some
        new KGB shocks in rear. Went for a very short ride because of
        time restrictions and found the car mushy in front, It felt so
        different I would describe it as loose in front, better check
        the shocks in front also, they are only Aaaa 25 years old. Could
        be 35.  But really any other ideas. Beau</div>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>tigers@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a>
 <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/archive";>http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/atwittsend@verizon.net";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/atwittsend@verizon.net</a>

</pre>

--------------4FF667F65FB82A341DD2D7FC--

--===============4491862683576638824==