Re: [Tigers] Is it possible to change the intake manifold with the engin

To: rflynn@alum.rpi.edu, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Is it possible to change the intake manifold with the engine in the Tiger?
From: Gary <garywinblad@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2020 08:31:53 -0700

--------------79810E93FB804FA50531C6E1

I was able to swap out the 2bbl manifold for an Edlebrock 289 Performer.
If your Offenhauser isn't too high in the back it should be possible.
Its pretty easy to take the tranny mount loose and let the tranny down to
the X frame and gain another inch or so..
Gary

On 7/2/2020 8:05 AM, R Flynn wrote:
> Subject says it all really - will I be able to change the intake
> manifold on my 289 with the engine still in the Tiger.
>
> It currently has a 70s fuel crisis era Offenhauser Dual Port 360 which
> I want to swap out for a Edelbrock.
>
> Any & all advice welcome - cheers in advance!
> --
> rick
> B9471206: http://www.tigersunited.com/car_show/flynn_r/default.asp

--------------79810E93FB804FA50531C6E1

  <head>
  </head>
    I was able to swap out the 2bbl manifold for an Edlebrock 289
    Performer.<br>
    If your Offenhauser isn't too high in the back it should be
    possible.<br>
    Its pretty easy to take the tranny mount loose and let the tranny
    down to<br>
    the X frame and gain another inch or so..<br>
    Gary<br>
cite="mid:CAL1UyNa-S4dcRL4w9ruihbqZrcsujyTrtO9PbyW4sz=jswQNbg@mail.gmail.com">
        change the intake manifold on my 289 with the engine still in
        the Tiger.</div>
        Dual Port 360 which I want to swap out for a Edelbrock.</div>
      -- <br>
        data-smartmail="gmail_signature">rick<br>
        B9471206: <a
          href="http://www.tigersunited.com/car_show/flynn_r/default.asp";
          target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.tigersunited.com/car_show/flynn_r/default.asp</a></div>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>tigers@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a>
 <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/archive";>http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/garywinblad@comcast.net";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/garywinblad@comcast.net</a>

</pre>

--------------79810E93FB804FA50531C6E1--

--===============0173603069419879793==