[Tigers] FYI: Is JEGS overcharging taxes?

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] FYI: Is JEGS overcharging taxes?
From: Daniel Eiland via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 23:33:40 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_1534461_1472078368.1630798420421

FYI, I went to JEGS website to order some parts and noticed a problem with the
tax calculation on the bill. When I looked into it further I realized they had
added an extra dollar to the state tax. I went on their chat line but they were
no help. They referred me to their tax site where I could post my issue but
that is it. You have to be careful because they just increased the tax due
without saying they were collecting more than what the state tax really is if
you calculate it out yourself. The person on their chat site said he couldn't
correct the issue and only left me the option of contacting their email site to
their tax office. I imagine the company is collecting millions of dollars under
the premise of taxes when it is not. Not sure who to report this practice too.
Needless-to-say I did not purchase the parts. Anyone else noticed this practice
before?

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android
------=_Part_1534461_1472078368.1630798420421

ica, sans-serif;font-size:19px;background-color:rgb(255, 255, 255);" id=3D"=
yiv2771840379yMail_cursorElementTracker_1630798285440">FYI, I went to JEGS =
website to order some parts and noticed a problem with the tax calculation =
on the bill. When I looked into it further I realized they had added an ext=
ra dollar to the state tax. I went on their chat line but they were no help=
. They referred me to their tax site where I could post my issue but that i=
s it. You have to be careful because they just increased the tax due withou=
t saying they were collecting more than what the state tax really is if you=
 calculate it out yourself. The person on their chat site said he couldn't =
correct the issue and only left me the option of contacting their email sit=
e to their tax office. I imagine the company is collecting millions of doll=
ars under the premise of taxes when it is not. Not sure who to report this =
practice too. Needless-to-say I did not purchase the parts. Anyone else not=
oid_signature"><a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" id=3D"yiv2771840379y=
mail_android_signature_link" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"https://go.onelink.m=
e/107872968?pid=3DInProduct&amp;c=3DGlobal_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig=
__AndroidUsers&amp;af_wl=3Dym&amp;af_sub1=3DInternal&amp;af_sub2=3DGlobal_Y=
Growth&amp;af_sub3=3DEmailSignature&amp;af_web_dp=3Dhttps://more.att.com/cu=
------=_Part_1534461_1472078368.1630798420421--

--===============3624822148339341371==