Re: [Tigers] I just put down a deposit on B9471400

To: Ron Fraser <rfraser@bluefrog.com>, Ron Fraser via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>, J Clark <icanhandyman@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] I just put down a deposit on B9471400
From: GARY WINBLAD <garywinblad@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 10:39:28 -0500 (EST)

------=_Part_750900_156947493.1641829168431

Looking at the photos in the ad, I would say its a real Tiger (I am not a TAC
guy but have been
around Tigers since 1971).  Ad says the engine is numbers matching, it does
have the original
T12KA sticker on the valve cover.  It actually looks pretty good but like you
know, the lower
rockers and the rear wheel well area back by the spring shackel looks
questionable.  Looks
restorable, $18K seems good but if you can't do the metal work yourself, it
might cost $$$.
I have one in similar condition (except no rust and its more dissassembled)
that I have been
trying to sell for $18K for a widow.  .
Tigers are great cars, and this is a local car!  Great bay area STOA club
support.  I am just
east of Sacramento myself and am selling a pile of parts if you need any.
Gary Winblad

>     On 01/10/2022 9:56 AM Ron Fraser via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net> wrote:
>

>     TBON lists no info on that Tiger, you would need to contact Norm Miller.
>

>     TBON indicates this Tiger may have a T12KA engine; T12KA engine # is on
> the Vin Tag and on the valve cover sticker.   These numbers need to match to
> be original.
>

>     The Tiger Engine Study indicates that an original T12KA engine should
> have a 4Gxx build date code stamped into the block.
>
>     All original engine parts will have date code before 4Gxx.
>

>     Ron Fraser

<!doctype html>
 <head>
 </head>
   Looking at the photos in the ad, I would say its a real Tiger (I am not a
TAC guy but have been
   around Tigers since 1971).&nbsp; Ad says the engine is numbers matching, it
does have the original
   T12KA sticker on the valve cover.&nbsp; It actually looks pretty good but
like you know, the lower
   rockers and the rear wheel well area back by the spring shackel looks
questionable.&nbsp; Looks
   restorable, $18K seems good but if you can't do the metal work yourself, it
might cost $$$.
   I have one in similar condition (except no rust and its more dissassembled)
that I have been
   trying to sell for $18K for a widow.&nbsp; .
   Tigers are great cars, and this is a local car!&nbsp; Great bay area STOA
club support.&nbsp; I am just
    On 01/10/2022 9:56 AM Ron Fraser via Tigers &lt;tigers@autox.team.net&gt;