[Tigers] Clutch Issues

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Clutch Issues
From: H B Elam via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 16:12:39 -0400
Jay, Sadly I have no recommendations of the bore size to your Master cylinder.
However I still have advice.

Take a look for the return spring in the clutch activation fork. I lost two
throughout bearings before I realized that it was missing. The return spring
was on my first Tiger B382002027. But not on my 2nd Tiger B383000471. I can not
find it in any of the parts manuals but once installed my throughout bearing
problems disappeared. On both the Tigers mentioned above there is a hole in the
driver side frame extension that worked great for the forward connection point
and the fork has a hole for the after end connection. As a TACH inspector I
have looked for these springs for the last 15 or so years or so. They are not
on all cars. Although not in my hands now, I know the spring is still installed
and protecting the through the bearing in my last Tiger.

Harry Elam
Tach #37
B383000471