Re: Weight of 2.5L TR6 engine? <9505032107.AA08647@us2rmc.zk

To: Tim Dziechowski <timd@hitu.enet.dec.com>
Subject: Re: Weight of 2.5L TR6 engine? <9505032107.AA08647@us2rmc.zko.dec.com>
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 1995 21:18:30 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, lang@isis.mit.edu, streeter@sanders.com
Tim writes:

> Anyone know how heavy this is?  I'm going to help Ken Streeter move one.
> Could two SOLer's armed with a Lucas antigravity raygun toss one of these
> into a pickup, or should I plan on bringing my engine hoist?

Everybody seems to have been giving different responses, depending on
how much is on the engine, so, since I've actually seen the engine
in question, thought I'd add to this.  Maybe with the added info,
somebody could take a guess...

The engine is in exactly the state it was when ripped out of the car
at the junkyard.  The flywheel and alternator are gone.  Practically
everything else is still there, including fuel pump, water pump,
dizzy, intake manifold, carbs, exhaust manifold, various bits of hose,
couple quarts of oil in the pan, accumulated grime, etc.

I managed to lift one end up off the cart on which it was sitting, but
I could put my hand through the big hole where the starter should have
been to get a solid grip.  There didn't really seem to be anything at
the front of the engine to hold onto.   (Except the remaining few
blades of the plastic fan...)

--ken

Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com
Lockheed Sanders, PTP2-A001 | WWW: http://rassp.sanders.com/streeter/
65 River Road               | Voice: (603) 885-9604
Hudson, NH 03051            | Fax:   (603) 885-0631