Re: Thanks all(again). <01HQ52CMQW5G0000ZE@holly.nene.ac.uk>

To: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570" <RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Thanks all(again). <01HQ52CMQW5G0000ZE@holly.nene.ac.uk>
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 May 1995 11:28:38 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
++> I've re-bled the Hydraulics, rebuilt the master cylinder, everything I know,
++> but I just can't get the bloody slave to push the release bearing far enough
++> onto the pressure plate to release the clutch.  In desparation I even
+removed

        I haven't been following this discussion, so someone else might
have already mentioned this.  Did you check to see if the pin that the throwout
bearing fork pivots on is still there?  Its just a press fit and it fallls out
quite often.
The permanent fix is to replace the pin with a long bolt and put a nut on the
end.

--
William Woodruff        woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu
Ann Arbor MI