Re: TSSC Stafford

Subject: Re: TSSC Stafford
From: "Randell Jesup" <jesup@scala.scala.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 95 14:44:23 EDT
>> > Heres a scary thought, in a few hundred million years time the sun will
>> > eventually burn out, our planet will get bloody cold, we'll all die, so
>WHO's
>> > gonna look after our LBC's then..........
>>
>       My astronomy friends tell me that before the sun cools that much,
>       it will become a "red giant" and grow to the size that will include
>       where earth orbits now (which will be terribly hard on the paint)...
>       Hey, I don't know about you but I'll have the "Green Man" off-planet
>       by then!

        Ah, but the decreased mass of the sun will cause the Earth to be
orbiting further out by then, I think roughly between current and Mars, or
perhaps even as far out as Mars is, and thus it won't get englobed.  A bit
cooked, perhaps.
--
Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D, Ex-Commodore-Amiga Engineer class of '94
Randell.Jesup@scala.com