Re: Spitfire trunion seized

To: triumphs@autox.team.NET
Subject: Re: Spitfire trunion seized
From: "J.Daley" <J.Daley@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 14:18:51 +0100
Cc: j.daley@boris.umds.ac.uk
Wow ! That's what I call quick respones !

A couple of hours ago I wrote:

> My Spit 1500 failed it's MOT last week.  One of the problems was
> "excessive movement in offside rear trunion bushes".  I stripped out
> the half-shaft last night and found that the trunion bolt is seized
> into the trunion.

Thanks to Keith, Rich and Phil for their replies.  Everyone has told me
to grind or saw off the ends of the bolt and then drill out the rest.
I'll give it a go.

If it proves too difficult (time consuming) then British Sports Car
Spares in West London will do a reconditioned (new bushes, bearings and
UJ) exchange half-shaft for 65 quid, which I think is quite reasonable.

I'll let you all know how I get on.

Julian.
       | Julian Daley,                     j.daley@umds.ac.uk |
       | Department Clinical Physics, Guy's Hospital, London. |