Re[2]: Spit Parts

Subject: Re[2]: Spit Parts
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 95 11:09:26 PST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Text item:

/RDV,
/Most might disagree, but I have had the best luck with receiving complete
/orders and fewer backorders. TRF has some better prices, but shipping time
/to my location is three days longer than VB. I just ordered a transmixer
/for my 68 GT6. Cost was $600. from VB, no core charge and they paid the
/freight. Compare to $699. plus $200.core from Moss and TRF.

Check out Kipping spares for large parts.  I paid $570 for a rebuilt GT6
gearbox, clutch set and a set of rear wheel cylinders, including shipping and no
core charges.  Bought over here, it would have cost $800.   They also throw in
the misc stuff like gaskets, studs and front seal.  It's not worth doing it for
small stuff because of the shipping costs.  They have a very good free catalog
for small Triumphs (Vitesse, Herald, GT6 and Spit), it just takes a while to
get.  It also has some good blurbs on engine interchangeability, diffs,
driveshafts, etc.  Phone 011-44-1203-645333.

Mike G.

Text item: External Message Header