Gearbox oil top-up

To: SCHWANGAU@aol.com, davcla@ix.netcom.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Gearbox oil top-up
From: "Chris Boston" <cboston@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 10:40:47 +0000 "Re: Overdrive problem" (Sep 29, 1:10pm)
> Subject: Re: Overdrive problem
>
> an easy way to check and fill the trans oil is to cut an access port in
> the tunnel on the right side.  use duck tape to hold piece back in place.  I
> do the same fo rthe other side also, when bleeding the slave.
>
>-- End of excerpt from SCHWANGAU@aol.com

I attempted to top up the gearbox oil on my 77 spit yesterday (car up on
jacks), but gave up due to the almost impossible amount of access to the filler
nut (why isn't it on the other side, where access is so much easier).

The above solution sounds a bit drastic, any other suggestions from you
veterans out there?

All advice greatfully received.

Chris.
       1977 - Spitfire 1500 O/D.

--
--
-- "What is the use ", asked Alice, "Of a book with no pictures?"