RE: Different Wheel Question

To: <SCHWANGAU@aol.com>, <BRITISH-CARS@autox.team.net>, <TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net>, <LOTUS-CARS@netcom.com>
Subject: RE: Different Wheel Question
From: Jay Laifman <JLAIFMAN@pnm.mhs.compuserve.com>
Date: 02 Oct 95 12:17:19 EDT
FORWARDED MESSAGE from  (MAIL @ CSERVE {INTERNET:SCHWANGAU@aol.com}) at
10/1/95 10:07a

TO: MAIL@CSERVE {INTERNET:BRITISH-CARS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET},
MAIL@CSERVE {INTERNET:TRIUMPHS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET},
MAIL@CSERVE {INTERNET:LOTUS-CARS@NETCOM.COM}

From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 1995 09:43:38 -0400
To: BRITISH-CARS@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net,
        lotus-cars@netcom.com
Subject: Different Wheel Question

Do the Lotus Elan Steel wheels with knock-off spinners also fit the Spitfire
wire wheel hubs?  If not, do they fit a hub that will fit the Spitfire?

How do I get a set of these wheels?  Anyone have some available or know of a
source?

Thanks,

Brian N.

65 Spitfire (project--major project)
***** NOTES from Jay Laifman (JLAIFMAN @ PNM) at 10/2/95 8:35a
I don't know about the steel knockoff's, but I have seen the "Minilite"
style knockoffs advertised, including at Moss Motors.  Unfortunately,
they do not list Spitfire.  They list Sprite/Midget, but those wheels
will not fit the Spitfire.  But, maybe they are around.

Jay Laifman