Re: Off Body Experience

To: 74741.2020@compuserve.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Off Body Experience
From: JHarroun@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 1995 10:32:09 -0400
Neil,

My first recommendation is to resist the urge to take the body off.  It took
me about five years to get mine back onto my TR-3.  Perhaps you are better at
sticking to your projects than I am.
I used three strong (?) men, for both the removal and the re-installation
process.  I would estimate that without fenders, etc. the body weighed
between 200 and 300 pounds.    I didn't brace the door openings, but maybe
the TR-3 had stronger door frames.  Since I had limited spare time to work on
the body, I made a sort of open shelf in my garage out of 2 by 4's so I could
work on the underside of the body conveniently.  I was amased by how well the
coating of blow-by oil and dirt preserved the underside of the body.

Good Luck!

Jim Harroun