Re: GT6 - CDSE carbs.

To: thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us
Subject: Re: GT6 - CDSE carbs.
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 95 16:47:01 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Tom Howard writes:

>The question.  Since the SCSE carbs have no mixture adjustment who can I get
>he front carb to stop sooting my nice new plugs.   Can I lower the metering
>rod a bit to lean things out?  The carbs have been disassembled and dip
>cleaned with all new seals and diaphrams installed.   The air valves are
>free and smooth.     (I do seem to lose damping oil though.  ????)

Tom,
 If they are indeed CDSE carbs, you lean them out by adjusting the large
brass plug in the bottome of the float bowl.
 To start, turn the plug screws in snuggly clockwise then back out three
turns. This is only a starting point. Fine tuning comes with considerable
trial and error unless you use a "Color-Tune" system, which I highly
recommend.
Tony R.
69GT6
68GT6