Re: TR6 clutch problem

To: Paulsv@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 clutch problem
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 08:29:51 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
To all those who have kindly responded to my problem, my thanks.To all
those who suffer from a similar problem, read on:
On Mon, 23 Oct 1995
Paulsv@aol.com wrote:

> I had a similar problem on my TR3.  It turned out that the former owner had
> installed the slave cylinder on the wrong side of its bracket, (or the
> bracket on the wrong side of the bell-housing, I cant remember which) which
> had the effect of moving the slave cylinder further away from the activating
> arm.   The clutch would engage at the very bottom of its travel- sometimes
> I'd have to "pump" the clutch to get it to dis-engage.  In any event, the
> distance between these items, either in the way they are mounted, or in the
> way the linkage between them is adjusted, will have an effect on where in its
> travel the clutch will engage or disengage.
> Best Regards
> Paul S. Vander Woude

I will find myself under the car this evening checking this. It is so
simple to fix and is almost certainly the cause of the problem. Thank you,
Paul.

Phil Barnes  '71 TR6  CC61193