RE: Triumphs referred to as MG

To: "Edward M. De Reyes" <guido711@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: RE: Triumphs referred to as MG
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 15:03:07 -0600 (CST)
Cc: Tom Gentry <TGENTR@wgc.woodward.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Mon, 27 Nov 1995, Edward M. De Reyes wrote:

> You wrote:
> >A coworker referred to my TR-6 as a MG.  I pointed out that it's a
> Triumph.
>
> >Tom Gentry
>

> I sob with complete empathy.  I, too have had my TR-6 referred to as a
> "Karman Ghia"....a mechanic asked me if I would be interested in
> selling my TR-6 because he "...always wanted a Karman Ghia....".

        My personal favorite goes something like this:

        He: Say, that's a real nice MG ya got there...

        Me: It's not an MG it's a Triumph...

        He: Oh? When did MG make the Triumph?

I've said it once and I'll say it again, and again, and again, and again...
        "TRs don't get not respect..."

        Greg (doin' a slow burn that Edgar Kennedy would envy) Petrolati
Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois