Re: Herald 1200 - twin carb set

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Herald 1200 - twin carb set
From: MARGHERITA@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 01:09:07 -0500

<< Andy,

On 3/4 you wrote:

>If your friend (or anyone else is interested), I can photocopy pages
>from a factory Herald handbook I have. This book details the kit and >the
>procedure for installation. BTW, some sources state that this >conversion
>was never actually offered, even though it was cataloged. Too bad, >really..

I would be interested in this procedure!

I have just installed a Spit Mk2 setup in my Herald which already had a Spit
Mk1 engine. Utlizing the Spit manifolds, (part #'s match Herald
option #'s) I purchased a Herald 1200 dual carb exhaust from Rimmer Bros. and
it all bolted together fine.

I'm interested in the pages you mentioned because I'd like to get the linkage
right. Currently, I'm using a bracket I fabricated that bolts between the
upper carb bolts. Let my know whether you need my fax # or address.

Thanks,

John >>