Triumph-seats - help, please ;-)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph-seats - help, please ;-)
From: Milton Mai <milton.mai@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 1996 18:15:29 -0600
It is time for some new foam in my seats of my GT6+, but....I have my doubts
as to where the seats orgianally come from = and hence as to what foam to
order/find.

The seats can be tipped forward, but cannot recline. I would have thought
nothing of it, except for the fact that when I try to tip them forward, the
movement is constrained by the roof (seats have SO high backs) so they only
tip about four inches from the bottom. Therefore I doubt if they were
actually out of a coupe, but perhaps out of a convertible? There is no knee
pads as on my friends GT6 Mk. 3, but I have transmission padding, which
increases the side-support considerably (=what is I like the most about the
seats). The seatbelts are two-point fixings, and hook onto a ring bolted
through the transmission tunnel and the floor of the car. The seat bottom
can come out, is snapped on with two snaps in front underneath, and one in
the back. Finally, the do not have seperate headrests!

Anybody can figure out what seats these are from my description? Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks y'all,

Milton

Milton Mai
1970 GT6 Mk.2