Swing Spring Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Swing Spring Question
From: tomstory@slip.net (Thomas Story)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 96 21:37 PST
Made a junkyard raid today and came away with a swing spring from a 76
Spitfire and the front sway bar with all the fittings. I plan on fitting
this to my 67 MkII, are there any problems I should look for? The rubber
pad that fits between the top spring and the clamp has completely
disintegrated, any suitable replacements? Like a 1/4" piece of rubber?

Can my standard spring be removed without too much hassle? In the book it
says I need to disconnect pretty much everything to remove it, but I was
thinking I would just jack the car up,place a jack under the link to
relieve the pressure and unbolt...is this OK?

One more (sorry), any one have a good source for uprated bushings, I figure
if I need to replace them anyways I might as well go with the poly ones?
Thanks alot!

Thomas

"Who are You?"
"I'm fine thanks, who are you?"
"I'm fine too, but you no get in without the password"